It’s the middle of July and I’m sweltering hot. Even on a Sunday morning. It’s not stopping me from drinking some piping hot coffee and it’s not stopping me from applying facts to some tasty analysis. Watch in wonder as I dish out knowledge around: Jeopardy, Big 10, Big 12, Ohio State, Michigan, ACC, YES Network, Florida State, SEC, and Phil Steele. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 77: Sweltering Facts →
This week was light on news what with America’s (and my) birthday being celebrated. That gave me some ample time to go over Phil Steele’s Preseason Top 40 and just tear it apart, with sparklers and blossoms. Watch me tackle that as well as Kansas, Urban Meyer, Ohio State, Kansas State, Baylor, Michigan, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Texas, A&M, Notre Dame, Georgia, Oklahoma State, Mike Gundy, Louisville, USC, Oregon, Chip Kelly, Texas, Florida State, and Alabama. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar: Steeley Top 40 2013 →
This week I actually follow through on some Sunday fun day college football all day talk. And I get to go through a run sheet that is just so criminial. Speaking of criminal, the BCS bowl game predictions from Phil Steele should land him some time up the river. Hop on board while I go through that and Oregon, Chip Kelly, NCAA, Bo Pelini, Nebraska, Vanderbilt, Oklahoma, Chuka Ndulue, ESPN, BCS National Championship Game, Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, USC, Georgia, Notre Dame, Brian Kelly, Florida State, Louisville, Urban Meyer, Big 10, and Big 12. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 75: Behind Steele Bars →
It’s a hectic week here at KCCGD HQ. I’m moving web hosts and the Phil Steele 2013 college football preview just came in. What to do what to do. Oh, hey! Be late on the Roar. Yup, I promise at some point it will consistently be on Sunday mornings but until then check out topics like: Oklahoma State, Wes Lunt, Illinois, Kansas, Big 12, Time Warner Cable, First Row Sports, Bob Stoops, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, Big 12, and Kansas State Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 74: Moving Some Steele →
Yup a little late this week but it’s the summer so it’s allowed. Right? That’s the life I live and this week we talk about how some college football celebrities live their lives. We go over the likes of Kansas State, John Currie, USC, Howard’s Rock, Clemson, NCAA, Mark Emmert, Texas A&M, College Station, Phil Steele, Texas, and Johnny Manziel. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 73: It’s The Life They Live →
Yup it’s time I wing them again. I don’t like making things ultra official and professional (note the website) and I will follow that same lack of format for another Pick It and Stick It Special. It’s Dart Board Predictions time! I don’t keep track so if you want to hit me up on the Twitterz (twitter.com/kccgd) or email ([email protected]) and let me know just how smart or dumb I am. So with that out of the way, let’s sharpen up the darts and start tossing. Get out of the way.
- I for some reason kept picking Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden to kick the bucket on the field. I was wrong on both shots (but there’s a chance with Bobby still). This year I will predict that NO ONE will die on the field. Practice field doesn’t count. I know about the sickle cell.
- After capping off the offseason with a newly announced college football playoffs, college presidents will realize the folly of their way and go back the BCS system. The robots will be replaced by committee members.
- Brent Musburger starts to fade as he delves into dementia not unlike Keith Jackson 10 years ago. The only difference, he will still shill and sound super excited.
- Hey I picked a Big 12 Champion, so who will that champion play? Pretty easy, it’s BCS bowl bound for Oklahoma against Virginia Tech because Frank Beamer.
- So that means that the Hokies will win the ACC again and I’m not sure anyone will really care.
- With the WAC shutting down, you’ll see other lower tier conferences going away. I’m looking at you Sun Belt.
- Charlie Weiss will get so frustrated at Kansas, that his front butt will lash out and strike a player. Unlike his almost twin in old head coach Mark Mangino, no one will seem to care about it. Poor blowhard Weiss.
- The Big East will be renamed to The Big after they finish this year announcing new members Hawaii and Japan.
- Texas A&M and Missouri do okay in the SEC this year. After they get done cleaning up the table when the big boys are done.
- Mike Leech trades his sword in for a bow and arrow and starts pegging apples at Washington State. This somehow inspires Wazzu to double their wins to 2.
- USC will walk into the Pac 12 as the favorite and will more than likely walk out the winner. Oregon lost so much except those tasty uniforms.
- But Matt Barkley will not win the Heisman Trophy. The consolation? The next contestant on The Bachelor.
- Who will win the Heisman? It’s a quarterback sport anymore so I think it will be someone from the that position. I see Geno Smith nailing with Collin Klein coming in second. Such a homer pick.
- Speaking of Kansas State, Bill Snyder will live through the year and see a bowl win finally. Maybe in the Beef O’Bradys Bowl.
- Craig James will spew out some nonsense and get accepted to the Green Party’s ticket for president alongside Rosanne Barr.
- I really do think this may be Michigan’s year for a Big 10 title. Unfortunately as soon as they step on that stage, they will instantly be overhyped and lose out in the Rose Bowl.
- About 100 more players will be suspended due to mysterious ‘team rules’ epidemic going around.
- I will not win Pick It and Stick It again this year. I’m hedging my bet right now and will be saying ‘Called It!’ in December.
- USC will face LSU and win in the BCS National Championship Game. Only because USC did me so well in EA Sports NCAA College Football and LSU just doesn’t have it, much to the chagrin of everything SEC.
- Finally, super predictor Phil Steele will rip off most of my predictions from this column and discredit everything else he did in 2012.
Hey I’m back this week and I bought another copy of Phil Steele’s College Footbal Preview for 2012. Click through to find out why! I also talk about Charlie Weis, Kansas, Kansas State, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Tom Osborne, Big 12, BCS, UTEP, ESPN, and a whiny Bob Stoops.
Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 22: Stooping to New Levels →
Okay, I’m back from a great float trip in the Ozarks and I’m still wiped out. This week we look at some of the college football crawfish that floated by the beachhead of news. I netted some tasty nuggets of news including Bobby Bowden, Randy Shannon, Kansas, Kansas State, Charlie Weiss, John Currie, Phil Steele, Big East, TCU, Texas, EA Sports College Football 2013, Baylor, Ohio State, Michigan, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 21: Back On Shore and Really Sore →
This week I get caught up on all of the wacky conference meeting action. If you though realignment was a massive piss contest, wait until you hear about what the Pac 12, Big 12, Big 10, and SEC are sprinkling on now. Plus we talk Kansas, Northern Iowa, Bob Bowlsby, Steve Spurrier, and I hold a very special grudge against Phil Steele for picking on my Kansas State Wildcats.
Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 20: Looking Through Some Steeley Eyes →
We’re back again this week with the countup of mascots from Phil Steele’s preseason Top 50 for 2011. WIth the kind of week the Big 12 has been through, they could use a hero. A hero who has been through some recent changes as well. So with that in mind, we’ll look at $35 and the Tulsa Golden Hurricanes’ Captain Cane. This week, we will look at the reason there are hurricanes in Oklahoma, as well as check out how one of the lamest mascots got a makeover and somewhat of an upgrade. Board up the windows, here comes the latest edition of Mascot Monday
Continue reading Mascot Monday: Captain Cane →
We are ever so close to the start of the college football season and ever so close to the end of this offseason’s edition of Mascot Mondays. This week, we are at Phil Steele’s number 39 in his preseason Top 50 poll for 2011 and the Mississippi State Bulldogs. There is, of course, another Bulldog team in the SEC and much like the other team, Mississippi State has both a live and a costumed mascot. Bully’s the name, and mascotting is both of their games. I am going to dig deep and find the Bully bone of history buried deep in Mississippi State’s backyard.
Continue reading Mascot Monday: Bully →
Here we are moving on up the list of mascots not yet covered by KCCGD that are in Phil Steele’s Top 50 Preseason for 2011. This week I’m going to take a look at #39 Clemson and the Clemson Tiger. I avoided this guy for awhile because the info is kinda weak out there and there seems to be a ton of tiger mascots out there. Welp, since Phil placed these guys so high it’s the perfect time to talk about the Clemson Tiger, well because it’s unavoidable at this point. So follow me along as I spin the tail of the Clemson Tiger and find out if he’s not just another pretty pussy cat.
Continue reading Mascot Monday: The Clemson Tiger →
Back again this week for another Mascot Monday and we are slowly but surely counting down our list of mascots not yet covered that are in Phil Steele’s 2001 Top 50 list. This week we’ll look at both versions of Southern Methodist University’s Peruna. Most people know SMU as that one football team that had so many NCAA violations in the 80s that they got what was coined ‘The Death Penalty.’ Some people today may connect the dots between ESPN analyst Craig James and SMU as well. But where we’ll be drawing on is the past and present day Mustangs mascot.
Continue reading Mascot Monday: Peruna →
I’m kind of surprised I haven’t done a Pac 12 powerhouse like California yet, but hey here we go. This week I’m counting down Phil Steele’s Pre-Season Top 50 for 2001 and it’s number 48, the California Golden Bears. For some reason I’ve been avoiding Oski because he shows up in the weird mascot lists and he doesn’t look that weird to me. At any rate, I have him in my sights and will learn many things, including how a mascot chugs a beer. Oh boy, I’m already regretting that I waited this long.
Continue reading Mascot Monday: Oski →