Crib Sheet: The Winds of Change
With tornadoes blowing down south and southeast, wildfires burning all of Texas, rain and hail pelting the land, and Missouri levees falling apart, it seems like the whole world is falling apart. But it’s merely weather changing bits and pieces of the land. There can be bigger changes afoot across the land. I have one coming up very quickly. But first let me spit out a kind of late Crib Sheet. Take notes and then take cover:
- ESPN’s David Ubben talks about the quiet action taking place at Kansas State. Bill Snyder 2.0′s all quiet about the major transfers they have coming into the season. I’ll talk more about the kids later. David Ubben should know by now that Snyder is a master of saying nothing while talking alot. Hey, he did a pretty good job covering the new turf that’s going up at Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
- UMass will pull an upgrade in the football program and join the MAC starting in 2012. There’s plenty of room at the big boy table if you have the cash to pay the entry fee.
- It’s video fun time! Check out Iowa State’s Paul Rhoads throwing a haymaker a the Wally World moose. When you get done with that, check out the promo for the new EA Sports NCAA Football game.
- A website is offering $1 million dollars to Cam Newton to pass a lie detector test about his involvement with alleged payments or money searching by his father and Auburn. Um, I’m not sure Cam is going to bite after this week’s NFL Draft.
- Here’s a couple of numbers regarding the unequal TV distribution of Big 12 money. It seems it’s a lot closer than disparate and if you look at profit of the athletic departments it’s about the same as the Big 10 (who has equal TV revenue distribution).
- Big Mo at Missouri is need of a face lift and the fraternities in charge are asking for help to replace it. I suggest a giant drum machine instead so they can rock out some hip hop chants.
- The hammer is falling down hard on Ohio State’s Jim Tressel and the NCAA is bearing the handle. They are rebuking him big time for withholding information about known violations and what not. Could he be out of the job by the start of the season?
- Kansas football recruit Adonis Saunders showed off his speed by winning two gold medals at the Kansas relays. He will bring needed speed the Jayhawks come next season.
- 9 of the 11 members of a panel who will review the Fiesta Bowl’s status in the BCS went on paid for junkets by the Fiesta Bowl in the past. Methinks that Fiesta Bowl should get off, right? People will complain about this but they will forget pretty soon.