Hey! We’ve hit 100! What better time to talk about the BCS and the BCS National Championship! Oh we’ve got plenty to talk about as well, including a quasi-special announcement. Watch me talk about Kansas State, Jake Waters, Michigan, Holiday Bowl, Oregon, Texas, Mack Brown, Iowa State, Kansas, Mark Mangino, Florida, Auburn, Jamies Winston, and ESPN. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 100: BCS, Farewell
I can’t ever remember having this many contests going on for a Thursday night like this that meant so much. So now we have it. We get Baylor taking on Oklahoma and then Oregon taking on Stanford. What a meaty plate. It’s good thing we’re getting a day’s rest on Friday before another serving Saturday. That plate won’t be light either, with Kansas State cow cooking and some SEC sausage to gnaw. Why am I so hungy? I should be out on the unofficial start of the college football weekend. Continue reading Pick It And Stick It: The Unofficial Start Of The Weekend
The regular season is official over. Now it’s on to bowl season! But before we get into that, we must get on the annual coaching carousel. I’ll go over that as well as Kansas State, Big 12, Collin Klein, Mante Te’o, Johnny Manziel, Heisman Trophy, SEC, Tennessee, Arkansas, Bret Bielma, Auburn, Tommy Tuberville, Cincinnati, Mike Gundy, ESPN, Fox, and the BCS. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 46: Take A Ride On My Carousel
Hey I’m back for some BCS Fiesta fun! Kansas State put the beat down on Texas and now they punched their ticket to the Fiesta Bowl to take on Oregon. I got over that as well as Notre Dame, Alabama, BCS Championship Game, Louisville, Florida, Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl, Northern Illinois, Florida State, Cotton Bowl, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Rose Bowl, Wisconsin, Stanford, Heart of Dallas Bowl, Purdue, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Tulsa, Liberty Bowl, Oregon State, Alamo Bowl, Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl, Michigan State, TCU, West Virginia, Syracuse, Pinstripe Bowl, Minnesota, Texas Tech, Car Care Bowl of Texas, Holiday Bowl, Baylor, UCLA, SEC, Big 12, and ESPN Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 45: One True Champion
After a Fun Fun Fun Fest break, I’m back again for some tasty Football Feedings. Yes, it’s a little late, but I was too busy celebrating Kansas State’s #1 BCS ranking. I loved the pretzel buns so much that it was time for round 2 this week. The next comprade in the bunned stuffing? Well it’s a Billy Burger! Named after Bill Snyder of course. It’s consistently tasty and gets better every time I eat it. Just like a well coached football team. I’ll be going back in style with some Budweiser tall boys to wash it down. Let’s get cooking. Continue reading Football Feedings 2012 Week 11: Pretzel Bunned Billy Burgers
I’m having a hard time adjusting to Kansas State’s #1 BCS ranking. It’s a great but unusual feeling. I know alot of you aren’t used to it either. So take a breath and help me cope with the success. This week I’ll talk about that as well as TCU, Tyler Lockett, Ty Zimmerman, Collin Klein, Oregon, California, Notre Dame, Boston College, Alabama, Texas A&M, SEC, Big 12, Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa State, Darrel K Royal, Baylor, Texas Tech, Kansas, and the BCS. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 43: Number One With A Purple Bullet
Okay so I didn’t watch football this weekend. I know, it kinda sucks. But hey, I did get to see some tasty music at Fun Fun Fun Fest. I make amends by talking about what I missed, which includes Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Collin Klein, Daniel Sams, Texas, Texas Tech, Iowa State, Kansas, Baylor, TCU, Gary Patterson, Bill Snyder, Notre Dame, USC, Pitt, Oregon, Alabama, LSU, Les Miles, Texas A&M, and the BCS Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 42: Fun Fun Fun Football
Okay back to a regular schedule and back to some exciting college football. Kansas State blew out Texas Tech and a bunch of other things happened. The BCS picture got way clearer but it’s still a muddy mess. Look for all of that and Texas, Kansas, TCU, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Oregon, Alabama, Florida, the BCS, and USC. Continue reading Purple Yet Roar 41: Your Next Opponent Is The Most Dangerous
Yup it’s time I wing them again. I don’t like making things ultra official and professional (note the website) and I will follow that same lack of format for another Pick It and Stick It Special. It’s Dart Board Predictions time! I don’t keep track so if you want to hit me up on the Twitterz (twitter.com/kccgd) or email ([email protected]) and let me know just how smart or dumb I am. So with that out of the way, let’s sharpen up the darts and start tossing. Get out of the way.
- I for some reason kept picking Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden to kick the bucket on the field. I was wrong on both shots (but there’s a chance with Bobby still). This year I will predict that NO ONE will die on the field. Practice field doesn’t count. I know about the sickle cell.
- After capping off the offseason with a newly announced college football playoffs, college presidents will realize the folly of their way and go back the BCS system. The robots will be replaced by committee members.
- Brent Musburger starts to fade as he delves into dementia not unlike Keith Jackson 10 years ago. The only difference, he will still shill and sound super excited.
- Hey I picked a Big 12 Champion, so who will that champion play? Pretty easy, it’s BCS bowl bound for Oklahoma against Virginia Tech because Frank Beamer.
- So that means that the Hokies will win the ACC again and I’m not sure anyone will really care.
- With the WAC shutting down, you’ll see other lower tier conferences going away. I’m looking at you Sun Belt.
- Charlie Weiss will get so frustrated at Kansas, that his front butt will lash out and strike a player. Unlike his almost twin in old head coach Mark Mangino, no one will seem to care about it. Poor blowhard Weiss.
- The Big East will be renamed to The Big after they finish this year announcing new members Hawaii and Japan.
- Texas A&M and Missouri do okay in the SEC this year. After they get done cleaning up the table when the big boys are done.
- Mike Leech trades his sword in for a bow and arrow and starts pegging apples at Washington State. This somehow inspires Wazzu to double their wins to 2.
- USC will walk into the Pac 12 as the favorite and will more than likely walk out the winner. Oregon lost so much except those tasty uniforms.
- But Matt Barkley will not win the Heisman Trophy. The consolation? The next contestant on The Bachelor.
- Who will win the Heisman? It’s a quarterback sport anymore so I think it will be someone from the that position. I see Geno Smith nailing with Collin Klein coming in second. Such a homer pick.
- Speaking of Kansas State, Bill Snyder will live through the year and see a bowl win finally. Maybe in the Beef O’Bradys Bowl.
- Craig James will spew out some nonsense and get accepted to the Green Party’s ticket for president alongside Rosanne Barr.
- I really do think this may be Michigan’s year for a Big 10 title. Unfortunately as soon as they step on that stage, they will instantly be overhyped and lose out in the Rose Bowl.
- About 100 more players will be suspended due to mysterious ‘team rules’ epidemic going around.
- I will not win Pick It and Stick It again this year. I’m hedging my bet right now and will be saying ‘Called It!’ in December.
- USC will face LSU and win in the BCS National Championship Game. Only because USC did me so well in EA Sports NCAA College Football and LSU just doesn’t have it, much to the chagrin of everything SEC.
- Finally, super predictor Phil Steele will rip off most of my predictions from this column and discredit everything else he did in 2012.
Ah yeah, the Big 12 is back baby! Oh well, it didn’t really go anywhere. Compared to last year, this offseason was a walk in the park. Why is that? Well, we have some new faces in the mix and some old faces hit the road. I think truly for the first time in the last 3 years, there is some stability here. That makes me happy. What makes me happier is the new season so let’s see how this conference shakes out. Continue reading A Better Big 12 For 2012
Wow, what a year it has been for college football. Okay, it’s kind of cliché but what I thought would be a rather quiet off-season after a bogus BCS National Championship game, turned into a major circus yet once again. Yes, there were ups and downs but mostly downs. I think this off-season fully solidified the fact that college football is all about the money. I’m going to do my best to hold on to the tradition as tight as I can before it all goes away. Seriously, I’m not trying to bum you out. We did get some great news too. Continue reading College Football Lost It’s Gloss But Not It’s Heart
There’s not much else going on this week except the Freeh report and Penn State. So I yammer on about that as well as some other scandalous item like, Joe Paterno, Big 10, Pac 12, Kansas State, Manase Foketi, Notre Dame, BYU, Utah, the Holy War, EA Sports NCAA College Football 2012, and the BCS. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 26: Bold Scandals!
Hey I’m back this week and I bought another copy of Phil Steele’s College Footbal Preview for 2012. Click through to find out why! I also talk about Charlie Weis, Kansas, Kansas State, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Tom Osborne, Big 12, BCS, UTEP, ESPN, and a whiny Bob Stoops.
Man I don’t even remember what I was talking about. The drugs kind of knocked me out. Oh wait, I think it was something about the NFL Draft, Kansas State, the BCS, The Rose Bowl, the Liberty Bowl, and Bo Pelini. Something else is in there but I dig through the discarded facial tissues to get it. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 15: Cold Drafts Help Make Me Sick
Ahahah ho man. I couldn’t resist that pun for Alabama’s BCS Championship trophy breakage this week. There were other things going on as well. Among the other stories that broke (ba doom ching): Kansas and all it’s Domer Glory, the Cy-Hawk Trophy is back to being cool, Barry Sanders (I said Foster HA) comes back from my childhood, Tyler Lockett practices full speed for Kansas State, an Auburn fan gets punched, and Oliver Luck wants it big. Let’s shuffle through the damage. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 13: I Hate To Break It To Ya