Hey! I’m back this week and I end up actually spending most of my time on Johnny Football. Okay, well more like how he quit Twitter and how you should use the social service yourself. Trust me. I’m an epxert. I also BS my way through news like Sun Belt, Idaho, New Mexico State, Big East, Tulsa, Western Kentucky, Conference USA, and Cowboys Stadium.
Hey I’m back this week and I’m ready to report all that is going on in the land of college football. I even have some beer ready to share with y’all. I’ll help you swallow down some news for things like Appalachian State, Georgia Southern, FBS, FCS, Sun Belt, Conference USA, Jerry Sundusky, Alabama, Harvey Updyke Jr, ESPN, Disney, Mountain West, Big East, DeLoss Dodds, Texas, Texas A&M, and the Big 12. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 61: Conferences Cash In
Welp, I survived SXSW just enough to be able to dribble out some college football new updates. There’s plenty to pick from so let me tell you how to win your news bracket. Watch me pick from NCAA, Big Ten, Jim Delany, Mike Slive, SEC, Big 12, Ed O’Bannon, Big East, Maryland, West Virginia, Cayleb Jones, Texas, Tyler Evans, Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Cinncinnati, and Tommy Tuberville. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 60: College Football News Bracketology
Yup so I was in Las Vegas all weekend for my bachelor party. So this one will be short. This week I will talk about the NCAA, Mark Emmert, ESPN, Disney, Big East, Alabama, Penn State, NFL, NFL Combine, and Manti Te’o. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 57: Too Short In Vegas
Yeah I couldn’t help it. Another dig at a crappy sport. But once you get passed that, you get to some other tasty college football news. Watch me talk about spring practice, NCAA, Miami, Nevin Shapiro, Texas Tech, Kliff Klingsbury, Alabama, Cam Cameron, LSU, Kansas State, Bill Snyder, ESPN, Big East, Disney, ABC, and NBC Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 56: Quarterbacks and Receivers Report
National Signing Day is over and I won’t discuss winners and losers. There’s way more smarter people than me that can tell you that. Stick around and watch me talk about things like Mack Brown, Texas, Kansas State, Jake Waters, Ole Miss, Hugh Freeze, Nkemdiche, Big East, Catholic 7, ESPN, Disney, NBC, Notre Dame, ACC, Penn State, Freeh Report, Oregon, Nike, and Phil Knight. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 55: Signed, Sealed, and Reported
Sure, why not dump in a couple of buzzwords for the week? Yeah it’s a slow one. So kick back and relex while I run down topics like the Big East, Maryland, Big 12, Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Mountain West, Manti T’eo, Katie Couric, Dr. Phil, and President Obama. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 53: Catfish Realignment
Yup it’s time I wing them again. I don’t like making things ultra official and professional (note the website) and I will follow that same lack of format for another Pick It and Stick It Special. It’s Dart Board Predictions time! I don’t keep track so if you want to hit me up on the Twitterz (twitter.com/kccgd) or email ([email protected]) and let me know just how smart or dumb I am. So with that out of the way, let’s sharpen up the darts and start tossing. Get out of the way.
- I for some reason kept picking Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden to kick the bucket on the field. I was wrong on both shots (but there’s a chance with Bobby still). This year I will predict that NO ONE will die on the field. Practice field doesn’t count. I know about the sickle cell.
- After capping off the offseason with a newly announced college football playoffs, college presidents will realize the folly of their way and go back the BCS system. The robots will be replaced by committee members.
- Brent Musburger starts to fade as he delves into dementia not unlike Keith Jackson 10 years ago. The only difference, he will still shill and sound super excited.
- Hey I picked a Big 12 Champion, so who will that champion play? Pretty easy, it’s BCS bowl bound for Oklahoma against Virginia Tech because Frank Beamer.
- So that means that the Hokies will win the ACC again and I’m not sure anyone will really care.
- With the WAC shutting down, you’ll see other lower tier conferences going away. I’m looking at you Sun Belt.
- Charlie Weiss will get so frustrated at Kansas, that his front butt will lash out and strike a player. Unlike his almost twin in old head coach Mark Mangino, no one will seem to care about it. Poor blowhard Weiss.
- The Big East will be renamed to The Big after they finish this year announcing new members Hawaii and Japan.
- Texas A&M and Missouri do okay in the SEC this year. After they get done cleaning up the table when the big boys are done.
- Mike Leech trades his sword in for a bow and arrow and starts pegging apples at Washington State. This somehow inspires Wazzu to double their wins to 2.
- USC will walk into the Pac 12 as the favorite and will more than likely walk out the winner. Oregon lost so much except those tasty uniforms.
- But Matt Barkley will not win the Heisman Trophy. The consolation? The next contestant on The Bachelor.
- Who will win the Heisman? It’s a quarterback sport anymore so I think it will be someone from the that position. I see Geno Smith nailing with Collin Klein coming in second. Such a homer pick.
- Speaking of Kansas State, Bill Snyder will live through the year and see a bowl win finally. Maybe in the Beef O’Bradys Bowl.
- Craig James will spew out some nonsense and get accepted to the Green Party’s ticket for president alongside Rosanne Barr.
- I really do think this may be Michigan’s year for a Big 10 title. Unfortunately as soon as they step on that stage, they will instantly be overhyped and lose out in the Rose Bowl.
- About 100 more players will be suspended due to mysterious ‘team rules’ epidemic going around.
- I will not win Pick It and Stick It again this year. I’m hedging my bet right now and will be saying ‘Called It!’ in December.
- USC will face LSU and win in the BCS National Championship Game. Only because USC did me so well in EA Sports NCAA College Football and LSU just doesn’t have it, much to the chagrin of everything SEC.
- Finally, super predictor Phil Steele will rip off most of my predictions from this column and discredit everything else he did in 2012.
Ah yeah, the Big 12 is back baby! Oh well, it didn’t really go anywhere. Compared to last year, this offseason was a walk in the park. Why is that? Well, we have some new faces in the mix and some old faces hit the road. I think truly for the first time in the last 3 years, there is some stability here. That makes me happy. What makes me happier is the new season so let’s see how this conference shakes out. Continue reading A Better Big 12 For 2012
Okay, I’m back from a great float trip in the Ozarks and I’m still wiped out. This week we look at some of the college football crawfish that floated by the beachhead of news. I netted some tasty nuggets of news including Bobby Bowden, Randy Shannon, Kansas, Kansas State, Charlie Weiss, John Currie, Phil Steele, Big East, TCU, Texas, EA Sports College Football 2013, Baylor, Ohio State, Michigan, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Yeah I’m not sure if Bob Bowlsby (new Big 12 Commish) had anything to do with what happened in the last week, but I’m giving him credit. Not in the video, just in this note about the video. I was too busy gushing about the new bowl series matchup between the Big 12 and the SEC, Florida State’s (and Clemson’s) apparent move to the Big 12, Notre Dame courting, the ACC and other weak conferences like the Big East, and realignment swankiness. It’s good to be a Big 12 fan this week. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 18: Bigger and Better Bowls(by)
Yes, this week I get a little wet, with emotion. And by wet, I mean sweat. Sweat for all of the realignment rumblings that involve the Big 12 and teams going _into_ the conference. I’ll talk about some of the teams that fall in to that latter category as well as some Texas, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Bill Byrne, West Virginia, Aaron Green, and Dan Beebe. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 17: Getting Ready To Rain Down
I’m back and I’m better than ev….better than last week. My cold is almost gone and I’m jumping out of my chair with excitement. No it’s not the drugs, or TCU’s drugs, mind you. It’s the fact that West Virginia settled their suit with the Big East and is officially joining the Big 12! And if that didn’t get you jumping, too, then the released Big 12 football schedule for this fall should. Yup, things are getting better everyday.
I barely made it through this week’s roar. It’s turned into a meow. I’m fighting a cold and will now go back to my lair and recover. In the meantime check out my takes on the Mountain West merging with Conference USA, North Dakota State’s fightin’ name issue, and some playoff/expansion menagerie. Oh it’s quite the trist. It’s okay to watch, I washed my hands. Just be sure to get plenty of fluids and rest.
Ah yes, another Purple Yeti Roar is in the house! I’m still recovering from the copious amount of beer and bar food from yesterday’s Super Bowl, but I had enough time to sit down and roar out my thoughts about college football for the week. Yes, National Signing Day came and left (with a hunger for Chic-Fil-A as well). Most of the news for the week, however, revolved around West Virginia’s maneuvering and game cancelling. Interesting indeed. Cue the John Devner!