This week we go back to the 810 Zone, but this time it’s the one that started it all in Leawood, Kansas. Now before we started the blog, we had a nasty television mix up at this location. Hopefully things will be better because we are there for the Big 12 North battle. Who will win in the defense match up between Kansas State and Nebraska? Show up to find out. Meanwhile, we’ll snack on some apps, marvel at the number of beers on tap, and perhaps play a game or two. It should be a kick butt time and we hope you can make it out. Consider this the make-up for missing out on alot of football from Paddy O’Quigley’s last week.
When: Saturday, November 21, 2009
Where: 810 Zone Leawood – 4800 W 119th St, Leawood, KS – (913) 469-9663
- 6:30 PM CT Colorado at No. 12 Oklahoma State Thursday
- 11:00 PM CT No. 10 Ohio State at Michigan (The Game)
- 11:00 PM CT Minnesota at No. 13 Iowa (Floyd of Rosedale)
- 11:30 PM CT Oklahoma at Texas Tech
- 1:00 PM CT Iowa State at Missouri (Telephone Trophy)
- 2:30 PM CT No. 14 Penn State at Michigan State (The Battle of the Land Grants)
- 2:30 PM CT Purdue at Indiana (The Old Oaken Bucket)
- 2:30 PM CT Baylor at Texas A&M (Battle of the Brazos)
- 4:00 PM CT Louisiana Tech at Fresno State (Battle for the Bone)
- 6:30 PM CT No. 25 California at No. 17 Stanford (Big Game for the Stanford Axe)
- 6:45 PM CT Kansas State at Nebraska
- 7:00 PM CT Kansas at No. 3 Texas
Notes: And boy do we have quite the rivalry week going on. We have buckets, phones, axes, a bone, and even a brass pig named Floyd. What’s the most intriguing match up? Why it’s the California at Stanford game, of course! After rolling USC last week, Jim Harbaugh and his team host a snarky California team. Should be a good one. Most of these rivalries come from the Big 10 of all places so props to them and their tradition. Too bad the Ohio State and Michigan game isn’t as big as it should be. Here in Big 12 land we have a couple of rivalry games with Iowa State and Missouri going for the Telephone Trophy and Baylor and Texas A&M for the Battle of the Brazos. The biggest game of the week, of course, is Kansas State taking on Nebraska for the Big 12 North division title. It’s bowl or home for Kansas State and it’s higher aspirations for Nebraska. This will be a defense battle. Man I can’t wait for Saturday to get here.