It’s been a real quiet week. Hey, the weather’s finally coming around and everyone’s outside doing stuff. What are we doing at the KCCGD headquarters? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. We’ve been recovering since SXSW and it’s not time yet to do some cleaning. So we’ve been lounging and laying around soaking up some non conditioned air. We had just enough energy to pump out another Crib Sheet. So check it out while we take a nap:
- Oklahoma State’s Pistol Pete is your new ESPN Radio Mascot Champion. After taking over the college bracket, Pete beat up Benny the Bull from the Chicago Bulls and the pro side. Congrats Pete! Be sure to check up on our review of this guy here.
- The Kansas Jayhawks have a new deal with IMG that includes a new video board for the stadium. Hopefully, the screen size will be big enough to fit highlights of former head coach Mark Mangino.
- Texas A&M students have a shot to play with the big boys on campus this week. They can catch a touchdown, tackle a runner, and do other things with the football players in the ‘Pigskin Palooza’. Head coach Tommy Tubberville says this is all in good fun, but we’re thinking he’s secretly looking for more players. Hey, the military can produce some major athletes, just not general ones.
- The Little Caesars Bowl continues onward with the re-up of the MAC and the Big Ten. But it gets a little different after that. The top MAC team will face the 8th place team in the Big Ten, if that team is eligible. If not, a Sun Belt Conference team will take its place. Or, the MAC and Sun Belt will play in the Little Caesars Bowl.
- Bill Snyder 2.0 came back stronger. They have the technology to do so. They will need again apparently. The Kansas State head coach tore both his MCL and ACL during spring practice. He even coached the rest of practice after the incident. This old guy is tough. Let’s hope he gets a robot leg.