What’s wrong with a little celebration? We here at the KCCGD like to shimmy and shake here after an especially tasty nacho dip or greasebuger. So why is it so hard to let the college football players jump up and down? Granted we don’t zebra striped dudes follow us to the Golden Tee table and inspect our reaction to making a great save putt. But that’s where the problem is. The referees are subjectively deciding whether or not the celebration might be offensive to him or the other team. That seems just a bit too wacky. There’s already enough pressure on the refs for actual blown calls. Don’t let them blow it on stupid rules.
- Looks like there’s a chance that LeGarrette Blount may be reinstated sometime this year. He cold cocked a Boise State player during one of the first games of the year and was subsequently suspended for the rest of the season. Similar infractions in different conferences only yielded a game or two suspension. It looks like he’s taking the right steps to get back on the field.
- Kansas University police will open up an investigation to the fight that took place between the football and basketball players. The media hype around this is now big enough for some posturing by the law enforcement there. So a hand will be slapped and money will be given under the table to keep this guys on the field.
- Texas Tech’s Taylor Potts suffered a concussion last week and he may be out this Saturday for their game against the Kansas State Wildcats. The stars may be aligned for the Wildcats as they are coming off their last second win against Iowa State and Farmageddon. Good thing suspended offensive lineman Brandon Carter is back. Hmm maybe that’s why Potts got banged up?
- It looks like they nabbed the guy accused of filming ESPN’s Erin Andrews nude. They dude’s an insurance salesmen and pretty well off. Go figure. The most surprise part of the article is that there are eight videos. We thought there was just one.
- ESPN’s Chris Low has an interesting piece about how Gene Chizik left football desolation at Iowa State for big powerhouse Auburn. Guess what? Chizik’s got the Tigers undefeated and #17 in the country, proving yet once again that bringing in talent helps more than just coaching up your kids.
- Oklahoma Sooners’ Ryan Broyles is out four to six weeks with a broken shoulder. Broyles is their leading wide receiver. Oklahoma’s BCS chances are pretty much shot and least injuries will be a sufficient excuse.
- The SEC admitted they blew the excessive celebration call against Georgia when they took the lead over LSU with about 1:05 to go in the game. LSU came back and won. Now Georgia should’ve stopped LSU, but their chances were seriously hurt with the penalty. What’s up with refs deciding outcomes for more important teams? Indiana’s screwjob at Michigan and now this? It’s like the refs want the bigger names to win for the conference. If Georgia won the game, would we see this much hype for LSU and Florida this weekend? You know stuff like this makes me think twice about how clean these conferences really are.
- Speaking of this week’s Florida vs LSU matchup, it seems the Gator players are getting threatening texts from LSU fans. Ho boy, let the hype machine crank up to full power. JK LOL!