We’re still tucked away with snow here at KCCGD headquarters and it’s time to finally wind things down, college football wise. Spring practices and the draft is coming up, but that won’t be for a couple of months. This week’s Crib Sheet surely reflects that. Now I could waste a couple items with arrests and dismissals, but that happens every couple of weeks anyway. So grab yourself some hot cocoa, sit right back, and enjoy a nice little Crib Sheet:
- National Signing Day came and we have the expected news for each local team. Kansas State got some JuCo and family commitments, Missouri got another star quarterback, and Kansas got a decent crop of up and comers. No surprises here.
- Floyd Raven, a highly touted recruit, switched his commit from Ole Miss to Texas A&M. Too bad his mom didn’t find out. She went ahead and forged his letter of intent to Ole Miss while Floyd announced for Texas A&M. She was a little anxious and everyone else gave her a Mulligan for it.
- Sad news: The Georgia Bulldog mascot UVA VIII died from lymphoma last week. Our condolences go out the entire UGA family.
- There was a minor brew-ha-ha during signing day coming from the provocative web cam of Alabama’s football office. Faxes of letters of intent were picked up by a member of the dancing squad and marked off. Yeah, it was tacky but it at least there was no nudity or anything.
- Freshly signed Kansas State quarterback Daniel Sams opened up his tenure dropping the bomb that Collen Klein will move back to wide receiver. How does that bode for the Wildcats? Maybe Sims is that good that the best quarterback from last year gets bumped to wide receiver. Either that or the recruiters told him a fib. At any rate, Sams will be running some laps for opening his mouth.
- Apparently transfer hungry Michigan quarterback Tate Forcier is looking at Kansas State as well as other schools. Will the Wildcats get this former Wolverine? You know, the other transfers from RichRods epic fail went on to do wonders for their team (think Ryan Mallet). Because of that, however, I’m thinking Forcier will head to a bigger school for his second chance. Still, it’s fun to dream.