It’s been a bear of a Spring down here, with temperatures being in the steady high 90s. The heat is melting my imagination so for this week’s Mascot Monday we’ll check out another bear at Montana, Monte. Okay, I was a little influenced by last week’s news of Nate Montana getting a DUI there, but I’m sweating my butt off right now. Monte’s been around for a very short time but he has put up some impressive numbers in mascot-dom. This week, we’ll find out just how full Monte is trophy case wise so let’s get cracking.
Continue reading Mascot Monday: Monte →
In the wake of one of the most massive events in history ever yesterday, not the election but the reintroduction to the McRib, I have yielded time to this week’s Crib Sheet introduction. Ronald McDonald Bless America:
- With the historic win over Oklahoma, Missouri gets the coveted Peace Pipe. You know, the somewhat annual trophy given to the winner? Welp, apparently even the two teams forgot about it and lost it. You know a rivalry is lopsided when that happens.
- Oklahoma State wide receiver Justin Blackmon ended up with a suspension for the Kansas State game last Saturday. That’s what happens when you drink and drive, kids. It didn’t really stop the Cowboys, though, as they throttled the Wildcats.
- The Big 12 suspended Nebraska’s Eric Martin for last Saturday’s thumping of Missouri, due to a helmet to helmet hit. Do you see a pattern here? Meanwhile, Gary Pinkel wants the conference to review a hit that fellow Cornhusker Courtney Osborne put on Tigers quarterback Blaine Gabbert. If the conference follows through, then look for Nebraska to win this weekend against Iowa State.
- The Big Sky Conference just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Now North Dakota and Southern Utah will be joining the fold starting in 2012. Look out Pac 12!
- Notre Dame student Declan Sullivan died after injuries received from a blown over video tower. Look for the school to either ban it or put in a more permanent solution.
- Missouri won’t press charges against the 30 fans that were arrested after they stormed the field in their win over Oklahoma. That’s a good thing. The Tigers don’t often get the chance to make the field storm-worthy so you need to allow it when they do.
- Paul Rhoads is turning things around at Iowa State and now he will help turn on a new scoreboard, along with a bunch of sports complex projects. They are upgrading everywhere in Ames. Hopefully some of that money will go to better flood protection, too.
- Will Ferrell said on ESPN College GameDay that, “It’s scientific law that Baylor cannot beat Texas at Texas.” Baylor ended up winning that game. I’m betting Ferrell picked USC to win over Oregon as well. Those are some funny pics.
- Expansion, as we have learned, is never done. The Big East will get on the expansion bandwagon as they voted to expand to 10 teams at board of director’s meeting Tuesday. Who will they grab? Notre Dame of course.
College Sports, Kansas City style