Is it me or has this season become anti-climatic? After last weekend, we have the Big 12 North pretty much locked up and we might as well call the Big 12 South. So as I see it, Nebraska will face Oklahoma State in the Big 12 Championship Game. Now, unless something goes crazy, what else is left for the season except bowl games? Oh, well we have some rivalry games left. That’s a good thing. You know what else is a good thing? This week’s Crib Sheet:
So the Big 10 expansion speculation that’s been building the last couple of months has finally come to a head here at the KCCGD Headquarters. We’ll give our thoughts about the whole shebang in the next couple days, but we wanted to whet your appetite with some tasty nuggets of information in the Crib Sheet. You, too, can munch down on expansion rumor to fill your belly with enough information to win your sports bar argument. Sports screaming at its finest, folks. On to the Crib Sheet:
- In case you thing we’ve forgotten, Mike Leach’s case against Texas Tech has a hearing coming up May 14th and last week Texas Tech officials filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit altogether. They say the sworn statements are all that is needed and that Leach’s treatment was an offense worthy of termination. Leach on the other hand is making the case that it was about his contract and the bonus he was about to receive.
- Kansas State, ever the team to take on tough new challenges, forged a mega deal to face the fearsome University of Texas San Antonio. Who? Yes that’s right, The Roadrunners, led by former Miami coach Larry Coker, will face the Wildcats in their inaugural FCS seasons. Man, UCLA isn’t that tough. Leave it up to Bill Snyder 2.0 to find the scrubs of the scrubs.
- Here is your 2010-11 college football bowl schedule! Just in case you missed the Big 12 match ups, new Big 12 blogger David Ubben follows up with schedule for the respective conference teams. Kudos goes to the Insght Bowl for making the jump from the NFL Network to ESPN.
- Notre Dame tight end Mike Ragone was feeling green big time last Saturday. No, not green for the Fighting Irish, but green for rolling doobies. New coach Brian Kelly is going to bitch slap him around a hit and call it a done deal. It’s the new century, football players get stoned all the time, even the pious ones.
- Our homeboy Kevin Kietzman here at WHB 810 am filled the airwaves with reports that the Big 10 offered invitations to the conference to Missouri, Nebraska, Rutgers, and Notre Dame. The wave of denials built up so big that Big 10 commissioner Jim Delany had to send out comment denying the report. This summer’s only going to get hotter with speculation.
- So the speculation has been about what conferences will do to react to the Big 10 Expansion. Well, on the Big 12 side it seems they may be exploring options with a pact between them and the Pac 10 (see the play on words?). Basically, the two conferences will have something similar to the hardwood series we enjoy but on the football field. The speculation is that there is also a potential Rose Bowl spot that could be up for grabs too. Remember, it’s speculation only.