Crib Sheet: Go Forth on the 4th
It’s Independence Day weekend coming up and we’re getting ready to rock out and blow up some cans with Black Cats. So in preparation of the the fireworks menagerie, we’re gonna give you more bang for your buck on this week’s Crib Sheet. Before everyone goes out to stick explosives into other containers and shoot bottle rockets off, please remember to be careful, especially your hands. They need to be healthy to handle the frosty beverages over the weekend and later on in the fall for college football. Now here’s this week’s Crib Sheet:
- Mark your calendars, the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game September 12 at 3:30 pm ET. Both programs are looking to rebound and we should be witnessing a treat as two boisterous head coaches fight for their jobs.
- To no surprise, the BCS rejected the Mountain West’s proposal of an eight team playoff. Hopefully this will end the playoff talk for awhile. We all know this is not going away forever.
- Texas student assistant coach Matt Nader got a big ole gun pulled on him at the golf course last week. Apparently he was arguing with a Texan and he later showed up with a gun ready to go. Seeing as this all took place in Texas, I’m not too surprised. Crazy thing was the gun toting Texan was 73, talk about a cranky golfer.
- After another death and settlement from complications due to sickle cell traits at Rice University, the NCAA will start recommending that test for sickle cell issues be conducted at universities. After this and the death of former Missouri Tiger Aaron O’Neil, it would make more sense to require the testing of players for these issues. The NCAA and schools make bank off of these kids, let’s make sure they get taken care of while they promote the schools on the field.
- Look out Missouri Tigers, the kid of a maybe future NFL Hall of Famer is coming your way in Derrion Thomas. He wasn’t high up on anyone’s radar due to only one year of playing high school ball, but he does look and play like his dead dad. Let’s hope this walk on will do well over in Columbia. My advice to Derrion: remember to wear a seat belt.
- USA Today has a profile of Kansas quarterback Todd Reesing. It looks like it’s another one of those, short Big 12 quarterback come from behind stories. The difference this time is Kansas might actually have what it takes to win the big game. They did it on the Orange Bowl, maybe it’s their year this year. Sorry Chase Daniels, have fun trying to play for the Redskins.