Spring practice is kicking up the mud hidden from under the snow but I’m not finding it too exciting. I could talk about the NFL Combine but it would be all about the Wonderlic Test. So on this week’s Crib Sheet, I will talk about the Groundhog. I remember him saying something this year about an early Spring. Then about 5 inches of snow dumped on me. I’ve got the grill ready, somebody bring me the Groundhog. That will make things warm real quick. On to the Crib Sheet:
- Another attorney withdrew from the case of the Toomer’s Corner tree poisoning. This time, no reason was given. It seems like they need to move this case to South Dakota or something to get fair representation. Or have Glennon Threatt Jr. represent you.
- The officials investigating the Toomer’s Corner issue discovered, however, that the levels of herbicide are lower than expected the deeper they go in the soil. Will the trees stay alive?
- Look out! Baylor and Texas Tech will lock it up again at Jerry Jones Cowboys Stadium. I think every team in Texas needs to play the holy football dome at least once a year. That way the Jer can pay it off before he kicks the bucket.
- Current Kansas offensive coordinator and former San Diego State head coach Chuck Long is alot like to regular folk. By regular folk I mean he’s letting his massive San Diego home go into foreclosure. It’s news to him but I’m sure he’s not getting the cash from the Jayhawks to keep that and another home up in payments.
- Dennis Dodd ranks the Top 25 college football stadiums. I’ve been to none. I’d like to go to USC or maybe even Daryl K. Royal Stadium in Texas, but do not put me on the short list for the Big House. No thank you Big 10.
- Speaking of Texas, Mack Brown is getting serious this year and closing spring practice until April 3. Will it help? They need alot more than the ‘us against them’ card play to get back on track.