Okay so alot of stuff happened over the last week regarding the Penn State Jerry Sandusky situation. And when I say alot of stuff, I mean alot. Basically, that school is screwed and it will take forever to rebuild. I’m sure due process will play out and what not, but it’s passed the point of no longer needing to be covered here. So let’s cheer up a bit. I’m going to a live college football game Saturday! I’m already getting stoked because I have some buds coming into town to watch it with me. In the meantime, here’s this week’s Crib Sheet:
Continue reading Crib Sheet: Closing A Chapter on This Book
…will not be discussed here. We’ve seen enough on the other websites so we are just going to say this was the best decade evar. All due to the KCCGD. Plus we’re still drying off from all of the snow that’s still dumping outside. Fortunately, there’s a bowl game on every night to keep us warm and cozy. New Year Eve and Day will be packed full of bowls as well. It’s the last huzzah of the college football season and the decade, help us celebrate in in style! Until then, here’s this week’s crib sheet:
- TCU head coach Gary Patterson is your AP Head Coach of the Year. The former Kansas State alum took a mid-con team undefeated and in the top ranks of the BCS. This guy deserves it. Now only if he rides out the contract a couple of years and takes over for Bill Snyder 2.0 in a couple of years. Heck, they may be a part of the Big 12 in a couple of years anyway. Congrats, coach.
- Missouri Governor Jay Nixon took some pot shots at Texas Tech and Oklahoma State while trumping up support for the rumored Missouri move to the Big 10. Basically he said those schools housed dumb people. Boy if the Tigers stay in the Big 12 after all of this, look out for some revenge to be had in the next couple of seasons.
- Sarah Thomas was the first female official to game a bowl Saturday at the Little Caesars Bowl. Some true ground was broken and word has it, she’s being eyeballed by the NFL. So now all we need to see are some ladies on the field competing. But not a Kathy Ireland type thing.
- He’s in, he’s out, he’s somewhat both. Last weekend, Urban Meyer resigned from the team, announced he was coaching the Sugar Bowl, then announced he was coming back next year. Apparently this all was due to health issues. We think that many Florida fans and alums are experienced some heart related health issues upon hearing this set of news.
- Texas Tech head coach Mike Leach gets the suspension card handed down to him for mistreating Adam James, Craig James kid, because of a concussion he had. Leach’s side of the story includes no apologies and a meddling former NFL player dad. It seems the recent incident with Mark Mangino is helping other players come out of the closet against tough guy coaches. Everyone knew that Leach is a pirate and a pirates life is rough, however. Yearggh. And this pirate is seeking an court order to play the Alamo Bowl. This one’s going to get ineteresting.
College Sports, Kansas City style