Ho man, I’ve been waiting all year for this day. Well it’s not the most important day, but the 2nd most. You see, it’s my season kick off for another year of KCCGD. I’m so stoked about what’s coming this week, but I also have some time to talk about last week’s college football news. Yup, we’re gonna go over Nebraska, Helium, Penn State, Champions Bowl, Jerry Dome, New Orleans, Dallas, LSU, Tyrann Mathieu, Notre Dame, Maryland, Idaho, WAC, Wisconsin, Danny O’Brien, Kansas State, and Justin Tuggle. Continue reading Purple Yeti Roar 31: The Season Has Started….For KCCGD!
It’s almost July and it’s time to start getting serious about football. For the last couple of months we’ve been going back and forth on conference expansion and raiding. Now that it’s all over (hopefully), we can start getting juiced up for the major competition on the field. The Crib Sheet has its cleats on so you should too. Here we go:
- The major sanctions against USC hit former running back and current New Orleans Saint Reggie Bush. Bush was reportedly in on the scandal part but now he vows to help with the appeal for USC to the NCAA. Maybe his Heisman Trophy is in trouble?
- It looks like Pac 10 went from the Pac 11, with the addition of Colorado, to the Pac 12 with the addition of Utah. Mormons invade the conference as the Mountain West Conference powerhouse moves in on the big boys. Will the Pac 12 have a title game now? Does it seem weird that both the Big 10 and Pac 10 will have title games and now the Big 12 will not? Meanwhile the Mountain West will stay at 9.
- The Big East Commissioner sent 20 roses (10 white and 10 red) with ‘Unity’ written on the card to the Big 12 (10) offices. It seems the Big East and the ACC should be thankful that the Big 12 didn’t blow up and ruined college football.
- The Big 12 (10) may not be enough for Jerry Jones. He wants them to go after Notre Dame and Arkansas. Okay Jerry, calm down a sec and let’s get the current group figure out first. By the way, Arkansas shot down any expansion talk.
- Apparently Big Game Bob still wants to roll with the west coast even after all of this expansion dancing. Maybe it’s the fire of competition in his belly. Maybe it’s what coaches are supposed to say.
- Andy Staples talked about the BCS and how it’s super solid for now, even though people are still complaining. One side you have the director, Bill Hancock, and on the other you have Texas Rep. Joe Barton and Utah Senator Orrin Hatch. Yeah, so Utah goes to the Pac 10 and Hatch still wants to take down the BCS. If Utah ends up undefeated again, will he be so loud?
- Mizzou Chancellor Brady Deaton is your new chairman of the Big 12 Board of Directors. This might be part of the maneuvering to keep Mizzou in the Big 12 (10). It also seems kind of flimsy.
- Bill Snyder 2.0 weighs in on the expansion movements and laments the fact that a Big 12 (10) may not have a title game. His solution? Two 5 team divisions and a title game. It makes sense for a small school like K-State to go for that but we don’t think this will happen just yet. It could bring in more money, however.
- Colorado is in some financial hot water right now and leaving the Big 12 (10) will put them in a deeper hole. Will they ever crawl out of it? First they need to win and second they need to ride out the changes over the next couple of years. With Dan Hawkins as the coach, the Buffalo fans out there might have to wait a good 10 years before that program makes money and wins championships.